WORTH COUNTY PLAN 2018
What is a Comprehensive Plan?A Comprehensive Plan:
- Documents and illustrates what a community looks like today and what direction it has decided it wants to go for the future; it includes assessments of existing resources and issues, projections of future conditions and needs, and consideration of collective goals and desires.
- Is a policy guide and provides a framework for future land use decision-making and the physical development of the municipality. It will not only address buildings and infrastructure, it will also include the important social, natural resource and economic values of the community. The Comprehensive plan is a method of translating the community's values into specific actions.
- Covers an approximate time frame of 20 years; it is assumed that shorter-term reviews will keep it current with the changing needs of the community.
- Is closely integrated with other municipal documents and initiatives.
What is involved in preparing a Comprehensive Plan?
- The Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee will be overseeing the Comprehensive planning process
- Public outreach and meetings
- Data collection and analysis that will ultimately be rolled into the Comprehensive Plan document
- Preparation of the chapters of the plan (sometimes called plan elements)
- New implementation plan.
We know this can be a bit confusing. View the list of some Frequently Asked Questions